Sunday, January 9, 2011

Positum Intitulō

This post is of multiple subjects, which is why it has no title.

Subject 1
I made it my goal to post once a week. I will do so every Sunday.

Subject 2
Last post I said that I would tell you about the papers. They included:

  • A photocopy of a family record, showing the ancestors of my grandfather in two generations, including the names and BMD dates of Cora's parents. For those that don't know, BMD stands for birth-marriage-death, and Cora's parents were until now a mystery.
  • A discharge record of my great-grandfather Frank Brown
  • A letter to ditto from his cousin
  • A handwritten poem about Father Christmas by my great-great grandfather
  • A ditto about a boy drowning by ditto.
This leads to more research I will do over the summer, when I get an ancestry.com account:
  • Search for immigration papers of Cora's parents (they were Norwegian), and after that birth records.
  • Find out about my great-grandfather's regiment
  • Do more research on his ancestry
Who knows what I'll find -- that's the beauty of genealogy.

Subject 3
I said that I was doing Perl; now I'm learning C++. So far I've managed to do, hmm, 0 successful programs.

I'm working on it.

Efharistó!

No comments:

Post a Comment