Thursday, December 2, 2010

Matlang, Day 1

Today, I'm announcing the start of an engelang project I'm going to call Matlang until I come up with a native name. Its goal is to create a language with a phonology and lexicon of PIE, Latin, and Greek; and a morphosyntax based on the principles of traditional Material Logic. Since I envision Matlang being inflectional, I will create first Pre-Matlang (based off PIE) with agglutination and a PIEish phonology. I will refrain from lexicon, because that takes too long.

Okay, here we go...

Today I'll do
Pre-Matlang Consonants
Nasals: /m n/
Plosives: /p b pʰ t d tʰ k g kʰ kʷ gʷ kʷʰ/
Oral continuants: /s r l j w/


Differences in PIE and Pre-Matlang:

  • I've gotten rid of the palatovelars, because both Latin and Greek merge them with velars.
  • I devoiced the aspirated plosives, as they both became unvoiced in Latin and Greek.

No comments:

Post a Comment