Saturday, September 11, 2010

Translating the Bible

"...we are all consecrated priests..."
– Martin Luther

In my opinion,

"...we are all consecrated translators..."
– Me

A few days ago, my friend visited and showed me a notebook in which he had translated the Tao Te Cheng, the Taoist bible. I decided to do that with the Christian bible. Though it would have been best to start with Genesis, I'm doing Luke because I have a book with the original New Testament with translations of each Greek word.

Here's the first five verses:

Many have tried to relate to us, on hand, about the practices fully carried in us,according to what is giving to us by the original viewers that have become the Word's subservients. I, having followed all up until now exactly, have taken things down by others to write for you, O Theóphilos, lover of God, so that you can know exactly and not doubt the words you have been instructed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment